Tuesday, January 13, 2009

HOME, SWEET HOME

THERE IS DEFINITELY NO PLACE LIKE HOME! (Or almost home, anyway.) After about twenty LLLLOOOONNNGGG hours of traveling, we did finally make it home to Big Spring, TEXAS! Unfortunately, we are still not in our house due to the kitchen fire. Hopefully soon insurance will cooperate! You know how that goes! But it sure was good to get back to Texas soil! There's no place like America! We are so blessed here in America.

I am so sorry I have not updated the blog till now. Since we have not been at our house, it has been hard to get on the computer. Please keep following, as I do plan on keeping up with the blog now that we are home and the real adventure begins!

We are in awe at how well Toryn traveled. It was such a long flight, but he did awesome! From China to San Francisco, he only slept for about 45 minutes of the 12 hour flight. He only had two to three crying spells and the rest of the time he played there in his seat. What an angel! It was definitely a result of your prayers! Thanks! A GREAT BIG THANK YOU to all of you wonderful family and friends who met us at the airport to welcome us home! There was about forty people there, and it was a wonderful welcome home. It was SO wonderful to be greeted by all of you! We needed you there, because we were so homesick. You made our day!

I cannot even begin to tell you what a blessing Toryn is to us! Everyday is just that much more sweet. He is a little doll! Don't get me wrong though. He can throw a really good tantrum when he doesn't get his way. We are also learning to share. He is so smart! I know what you're thinking!!!! Yes, every mother thinks their child is the smartest, but I'm not kidding! LOL He is very particular. He hates crumbs, or a mess. He loves to fold clothes and he does a mighty fine job at it! (I'm so glad, because this is my least favorite chore!) Also, the other day, I was washing dishes and he brought me all the empty cups from the table. Then he went to his highchair and took his bowl of cream of wheat to the trashcan, scrapped it out, then brought it to me to wash. My teenagers never do that! I remind you he's only two, almost three. He is so much fun. It's hard to imagine life before him. Our God is so good! Again, I'm just so thankful that He chose us to parent this precious little gift from above! He has adjusted every well, and seems to enjoy our many outings, like the kids basketball games.

Well, I'm going to have to cut it short..... the prince has called.....needs Mommy time and I love that!
More soon,






Toryn Ling Kendrick~~~~~~is now an American citizen!

"Hurry up and get me home!"

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Yeah, You're back!!! It was great to see you all. Funny that only Termite looked worn out by all the traveling. Poor guy!!
Welcome home Y'All!!!

Chelsea said...

I am so excited that you all made it home safetly. We really wanted to be at the airport when you got home, but we had a doctors appointment here. You look like you had an amazing trip. I can't wait to meet Toryn in person. CONGRATULATIONS again! Chelsea <><