Tuesday, December 22, 2009

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY, TORYN LING!

A year ago today, God gave us a blessing that changed our life forever! He fulfilled a dream that I had for a long time. A desire to be used to change a life for better. A desire to add more love and joy to our home. A desire to do God's will and fulfill His calling. A longing to bring my child home from across the world. Today has been a year, since He did just that. He gave us our little asian sensation. A year ago today, Yang Ling Jun, was placed in my arms, and then became Toryn Ling Kendrick. I cannot believe it has been a year. What a year of blessings it has been. How this sweet boy has melted this heart. How this sweet boy has taught me so much...like how when you trust God with all you have, He will carry you through, not just some of the way, but every step. Oh, how I love this little guy. He is so much fun and has brought so much joy to our family. Many times, I just sit back and watch him enjoy life. I have loved watching him blossum and grow. I can't imagine what his life would have been like, stuck in that orphanage. Oh, how thankful we are that God rescued him. I just can't understand what I have done to deserve the blessings God has given me. I guess, really, we don't deserve any of God's goodness, but because of who He is, He loves us enough to bless us anyway. I cannot imagine life without Toryn. Thank you so much, Lord!

God used MANY people to help bring Toryn home, and we are still humbled at everyone's generosity. We are so grateful to each of you that made this possible. Rather you supported or helped with our fundraisers, gave a donation, prayed for us, or whatever kind act you did, please know that we still pray that God blesses you in big ways. Thank you, thank you, thank you!


On Gotcha Day, Dec. 22, 2008



2 comments:

Sharon said...

Happy Gotcha Day Anniversary to ALL of you!!! The wonder of it NEVER wears off!!!

Lisa said...

Look how much he has changed in a year! Happy Gotcha Day!!!