Thursday, December 25, 2008

More pics from Christmas Day!

We had such a fun day. We didn't do much, but we used today to bond more with Toryn. He really opened up today and had a blast playing and laughing with the kids. He finally let Treagan play and hold him briefly. This was such a big step and it certainly made Treagan's day. He is starting to open up with Termite a little. Each day gets better. I never knew I could love a child so much that I did not give birth to. Now I know how Jesus feels! He love us so much, even when we don't deserve it. Toryn was so fun to watch today.

Tomorrow (Fri.) we fly out to Guangzhou, the last stop of the trip. Have to admit, I'm glad. We are ready to come home.

Lisa- I cannot wait for you to experience this. No matter how much I tell you to try to prepare you, or how much you think you're prepared, you can't even begin to know the love you will have for your child. I know it won't be long now! Side note: stacking cups are a big hit, just like others have said. Also, you will LOVE the carrier. It is so helpful, and easier on your back. Yes, I am taking good notes for you. Also, know that it is ok to miss some of the touring. I felt guilty missing the tour today, because we chose to stay in and have a family day, but it was such a special day and we had so much fun.

Well, I must go to bed. I am so exhausted. I forgot how much energy a two year old had! It's great!

Mom, I was so VERY glad to hear Larry's good news! Praise God! I'll keep praying! God is the Great Physician. Yeah!

P.S. We love your comments and emails! Keep them coming. We are so homesick and they help us through the day! Thanks!
Love to all,



Toryn thought it was so funny when his stacking cups would fall down.

He finally let Treagan hold him for just a brief moment. Maybe more soon! Made Treagan's day. He even relaxed a little around Termite. Keep praying, it's working.



"I think I'm gonna enjoy this life. My brother and sister rock! (not as much as Mom, though!) LOL

10 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow, thank you for including us in your trip. I love reading the blogs. I have cried every day! I will be praying for your whole family! Merry Christmas.

Cristi said...

Merry Christmas, we are at Jimmy's and we are relaxing. My kind of Christmas. Miss you a whole bunch.

Shawna Dobbs said...

Looks like you all had a nice Christmas day together. How lucky you are to be spending it as a family of 5.
Hang in there...you will be home before you know it.
Love the picture of the kids in shorts- I bet that did freak the "clothing police" out. Nothing is as fast in China as it is at home!

amholguin23 said...

Merry CHRISTmas Kendrick FIVE!!
We LOVE the pictures and continue to be touched by all of your posts! We are so happy for y'all! Can't wait to get ya home! We love you!!
Love, A,G&D

vickie matthews said...

Merry Christmas Kendrick family from the Matthews clan. Traci thanks so much for the updates--as we have gathered w/our families I pull up your page and show off your family.(and cry all over again each time). God is so good-it seems we cannot say that enough--LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the smiles.
GOD BLESS YOU IN YOUR JOURNEY TOWARDS HOME--can't wait. We miss you and love you all. love vickie

Karen said...

Merry Christmas to the 5 Kendricks in China. I just got off the phone to Kim and we got to talking about you guys. Terry and I and the boys are going to come down to Big Spring this summer so be ready. I can't wait to see all of you. I miss ya and I am glad that your part of my family tree. I LOVE you guys.

charlotte said...

Merry Christmas! It is such a joy to see your whole family together. Toryn looks so happy! Miss ya'll hurry home.

charlotte said...

Wow! Merry Merry Christmas. As it was the begining of Christ as man. It is the beginning of Toryn's new life. I know God is up in Heaven smiling. The author of this whole adventure. Merry CHRISTas ya'll.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Toryn is adorable and I cannot wait for him & Jaci to play together. There is no better Christmas present than a little one to make your family complete. We are thinking about you guys & understand how fast you get homesick. : )

Lisa said...

I'm so thrilled that you enjoyed a great Christmas! Oh, how that smile melts my heart!!! It won't be long till you're home. Emily & my mom are beyond excited to see you at the airport! Hang in there and try to soak it in. I hope the business of your last few days will help it pass quickly. We are praying for you guys, Love Ya, Lisa