Monday, December 29, 2008

To God Be the Glory!

THE CHOSEN HEART
Longing for a child to love,
I'd wish upon the stars above.
In my heart I always knew,
A part of me was meant for you.

I think how happy we will be,
Once I adopt you, and you adopt me.

I dream of all the joy you'll bring,
Imagining even the littlest things.
The way it will feel to hold you tight,
And tuck you in every night.

The drawings on the refrigerator door,
And childhood toys across the floor,
The favorite stories read again and again,
And hours of games with make-believe friends.

The day you took my outstretched hand,
A journey ended, but our lives began.
Still mesmerized by your sweet face,
Still warmed inside by our first embrace.

I promised to give you a happy home,
And a loving family all your own.
A house you've now made complete,
With laughter, smiles and tiny feet.

A parent is one who guides the way,
Know I will be there everyday.
Rest easy as each night you sleep,
A lifetime of love is yours to keep.

Longing for a child to love,
I'd wish upon the stars above.
In my heart I always knew,
A part of me belonged to you.
--Teri Harrison


I woke a little early this morning before everyone else. I decided this was a perfect time for me to spend a little extra time with my precious Heavenly Father. How can I ever thank him for this incredible journey we've just endured. There is no possible way, and that's one thing that is so wonderful about our Lord. He doesn't want nor expect us to repay Him. He loves us so much, he enables us to have these blessings. I thank him from the bottom of my heart for choosing us to be this precious little boy's parents. No, we do not even deserve His goodness. We allowed Him to use us in a mighty way. It has not been easy, and the process was not painless, but let me tell you how much we have grown. Our faith grew tremendously! Do not ever doubt the power of God! I think we have also grown stronger as a family, and the lessons that our kids have learned along the way are priceless. My prayer is that they will always remember God will always take care of them. I pray that God will use them in a mighty way. Many times in the last three or so months, we would look at that huge amount we needed to complete this journey, and time after time, God provided in unbelievable ways. He will ALWAYS provide in remarkable ways. How do we ever thank all of you for helping make our dream come true. There is no way we can, but we are here to tell you that God can. Please know that each of you have been prayed for and we have asked God to send you HUGE blessings like only He can. We could not have done this without you! To those who made donations along the way, to those who bought raffle tickets or supported our garage sales, or attended and helped with Tessa's talent show, or have just been there with an listening ear, or most importantly, if you have lifted us up in prayer, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. To our wonderful church for your sweet love offering and gifts, thank you so much. We love you so much! Thank you to Central Baptist for your precious love offering. We love you, too, and you will always hold a special place in our heart. There are no words to describe how much all of you mean to us! I don't want to mention each name, because I would probably leave someone out, and I would never want to do that.

Thank you for your sweet comments along the way. They kept us going, and brightened each day. Cristi, you don't have to worry about Toryn not liking American food. The boy eats anything you put in front of him! He's my son!

Many have asked how we communicate with him. He is already learning some words (in english). I don't know if he is speaking Chinese or just jabbering. He's pretty clear at getting across what he wants. He said Daddy last night. He will try to repeat most everything the kids try to get him to.

I want to thank Toryn's birthmother. Oh, how my heart aches for this woman. This brave woman. You loved your precious little child so much that you gave him up knowing he would have a better life than you could provide. You must have known that you could not provide his medical needs, or physical needs, and you placed him in an area where you knew he would be found quickly. I cannot even imagine having to make this very difficult decision. Please know that I pray for you often. I ask God to please send peace your way so that you will know that Toryn will be very well cared for, and his medical needs will be met. No, I am not the best mother, but I promise to you that I will try my very best. Thank you for the gift you have allowed us to have.

I also want to thank my magnificiant family. Termite, I know you thought I was crazy at first, but you never stopped me for allowing my dream to come true. You supported me even when I think you didn't want to. Then, you got excited, too. I love watching you with the kids. You are such a fun daddy! You are the very best hubby and father anyone could ever have! I love you, and thanks for being who you are. Tessa and Treagan, how do I ever thank you both for being the kids you are? You both make me so happy and proud. You are great kids and it blesses me so much to see you allowing God to use you in marvelous ways. Thank you for being who you are and for making good decisions. Thank you for your excitement and determination to be the best brother and sister ever!


Dear Toryn, "When they placed you in my arms and I looked into your face, I felt our hearts melt into one, a miracle took place. My prayer was finally answered, though delayed, 'twas not denied- the pain of love unanswered, in a moment's time subsides. God's plan seemed hard to understand. The circle's now complete. He placed the heavens in my arms, so precious and so sweet. Though you grew within another, my soul and yours were one. We united in God's loving heart before life had begun. I received a priceless treasure, this adopted child I love...a gift of joy and happiness to me from God above." Love, Mama


Well, this is our last day in China. It is bittersweet. We are real ready to be home, but at the same time, it's a little sad that we will take Toryn away from his country. Maybe some day when he is older, we can return to show him. I probably will not be able to post again until we get home. Again, thank you! You may continue to follow us as this part of the journey comes to an end, but a whole new adventure begins........whew, I need prayers...... he's all boy and two years old at that! LOL!!
Happy New Year to you all!

God bless you all,
Traci, Termite, Tessa, Treagan, and Toryn Ling Kendrick

4 comments:

Sheila said...

We love you all and can't wait until we can sit and visit. we have lots to catch up on. Corbin's surgery went well. Hopefully we will be able to meet you @ the airport. If not, we will see you all on Thursday or Friday.

Unknown said...

Our prayers for safe travel are with you. Love, Angela

Sharon said...

I am crying at this post and honestly could have written it myself with my families names inserted. I can relate to EVERYTHING you said and I will tell you those feelings will only get stronger as you get to know your sweet boy better with each day. Hudson was circumcised yesterday and as I held him in the hospital and looked at his sweet face I was AGAIN so humbled that he is ours and all that God has done to bring us this far. Your journey has just begun!!! Praying for travel mercies all the way home!! See you tomorrow!

amholguin23 said...

We can't wait to wrap our arms around all five of you!! May God get y'all safely back to TEXAS! We love you!

Love,
A,G&D